chances of fate

i'm not much of a big believer in things happening for a reason. mostly i believe that we meet people for a reason.

sometimes this takes you by surprise.  you might turn a casual acquaintance into a lover, who turns into a wonderful friend.  someone who you didn't know at all yesterday might become one of the most important people in your life.  and sometimes, people become strangers.  it's hard to imagine that someone who 6 months ago was the most important person in your life can become someone "you used to know".

i don't even know where i'm trying to go with this today.  i was listening to a song, that reminded me of one of those important friends today.  someone who no matter how our relationship changes, i hope that no matter how the course of our lives change, or who comes into our lives, that we will take those changes and let them intertwine together, so you're always one of the first i want to tell my important to.

I never thought that You would be the one to hold my heart
But you came around
And you knocked me off the ground from the start
You put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go
You put your arms around me and I'm home
How many times will let you me change my mind and turn around
I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown
I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...