a rotten end to the weekend...

so, i had a great weekend at home with mom and dad.. lots of laughs, and relaxing time with them and alex.

i left there in my brother's car to bring it back to chester, and he was going to come to my place tonight for a visit with alex and to have supper, and switch cars with me since he had been driving mine since thursday.. then.. mother nature decided to play the cards she's been hiding all winter..

the snow started the closer i got to halifax and by the time i hit the bedford highway, things were messy.. regardless of that, adam and i flipped my stuff out of his car and into mine for me to make the rest of the trip to chester, just in case he couldn't make it down because of the snow.

as i drove down the kearney lake road about to hit the highway to go home, the brake line broke in my car. i lost my brakes, on already slippery roads, and did a 180 degree turn in 3 lanes of traffic.. with a baby in the backseat. talk about scary.

so, i called adam back and he came to rescue me.. i drove his car with the baby to canadian tire where he took my car, and now am stuck in his apartment for god knows how long for 1, the car to get fixed and 2, the storm that's supposed to hit over the next couple of days to go away.

i'm sharing an air mattress with a baby.. that should be interesting.

on a brighter note.. we had pizza hut pizza for supper.. that was about the highlight of the day.

Comments

Vanessa said…
That sucks! The weather can really do a number on your plans sometimes :(. I'm glad you and your baby are ok, though!
michelle said…
whew ... just happy you and alex are okay ... my boss is a volunteer firefighter and said that he was out to 6 accidents yesterday ... slippery was an understatement!
Amy said…
Phew.. be careful missy! :)

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts