Write A Story...

Last night, while surrounded by the sound of laughter, chatter, and the noise that comes from a gathering of people, I got lost in my own mind for a few minutes. Reflecting on the year that has come to an end. Of the experiences and people who made 2017 what it was.

It was a year of ups and downs - new friendships, relationships that came to an end, and challenging myself to try new things and go new places. I’m truly blessed to be able to have the freedoms I do, and the people that are in my life are truly wonderful.

Granted, 2017 was not without its sadness.  I struggled with some health issues, family troubles and not accomplishing certain personal goals that I had set for myself. 

I always find the idea of a new year kind of intimidating. People set themselves resolutions and most don’t accomplish those goals.  There is this incredible pressure that I always put upon myself to do just that.  I’m going to try and go into 2018 without that pressure on myself. I want to wrap myself up in enjoying every day as it comes, sipping good wine, reading more, listening more, taking in the beauty around me.

There are 365 blank days ahead. Every day is a blank page, to write a story, to fill with memories.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...