theme songs

I've always been a believer in the power of music.  There's a song for every mood, every moment, every part of our lives.  For every beginning, every ending, and everything in between, I'm able to find music that fits that part of me.

During a wine filled conversation a few weeks ago, this exact topic came up.  I've always related to the song "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks.  And before you think horribly of my personality because of what the connotation of that word is - have a look at the chorus lyrics of that song:


I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way

I always related to this song - even when I was younger.  But as I get older, it rings more and more true.  It hits every level of what it means to be me.  Just because I call this my "theme song" however doesn't mean that there aren't hundreds more songs that I relate to.  Turn on any song and you will find some relation to something in your life.  Turn it up, sing it loud, and enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts