love of the truest kind

There’s not much I’m prouder of than the 2 little boys I share my world with.  My sons are the best part of me.  It’s funny, I never pictured myself as a so-called “mom of boys” before I had children.  But now, I can’t imagine any different scenario.

My house is messy, loud, full of hockey sticks, a never ending supply of fart jokes, and wrestling.  My house is also full of laughter and love.

I think that being a single mom is giving me an interesting outlook on how to parent these little boys.  To turn them into strong men, who will be able to cook, clean, take care of bills, all while being kind, caring, thoughtful & loyal.  There’s a certain perception of someone being a Momma’s boy.  It’s a special bond between a mother and son.  I will forever be their biggest fan, the loudest one in the stands cheering them on, beaming with pride at their accomplishments.  But in return, the fierce love and protection that my sons offer me give me hope that I am raising kids that I hope will turn out to be wonderful husbands, fathers, and members of whatever community it is that they end up settling down in.

I just hope that these boys will grow up to be as proud of me as I am of them.





“Raising boys is an honour & an adventure”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...