life & love

So for the last couple of days, I've been meaning to write a post.  And for the last couple of days, I've stared at a blank page.

Yesterday I had a conversation with a friend about regret.  That started the wheels spinning.  Then this morning, I woke up remembering that today marks 3 years since my grandmother passed away.  And so here I am - with a multitude of things running around in my mind.

Some of my fondest memories of my childhood were spent with my grandmother.  Summers at the camper, Blue Jays games, road trips,WWF wrestling, green fingernail polish, and so many other things come to mind when I think of that lady.  She was a ball of fire, and I know how proud she'd be of the choices I've made in my life - even if other people disagree with some.

I know she'd be proud of me because I made the choice to be happy.  To live life.  To not settle for less than best.  This brings me to the conversation surrounding regret.  I don't live with that.  I try to think of everything as a life lesson.  The things I've been through, the decisions I've made - they've all made me into the person I am today.  Sure, I've done some things I'm not proud of.  We all have.  But if at the end of the day, I can sleep at night, and smile during the day, I'm doing something right.  Something I know my Nan would be proud of.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...