a poem for my angel

I can't take credit for writing this, but it's so beautiful and fitting, I needed to post it.

Daddy, please don't look so sad
Mommy, please don't cry
Because I'm in the arms of Jesus, and he sings me lullabies
Please try not to question God
Don't think He is unkind.
Don't think He sent me to you
And then He changed his mind.
You see, I am a special child,
And I'm needed up above.
I'm the special gift you gave Him
The product of your love.
I'll always be there with you
And watch the sky at night
Find the brightest star that's gleaming
That's my halo's brilliant light.
You'll see me in the morning frost
That mists your windowpane
That's me in the summer showers
I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a gentle breeze
from a gentle wind that blows
That's me, I'll be there, planting a kiss upon your nose
When you see a child playing
And your heart gives a little tug
That's me, I'll be there, giving your heart a giant hug
So, Daddy please don't look so sad
And Mommy, please don't cry.
I'm in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...