stuff.

so, it's only saturday and i already feel like this has been a rough weekend. i did get my haircut yesterday (and it's FAB btw!), BUT then I got up this morning early, bundled Alex in to the car, and headed for Oxford. The original plan was that we were going to come here, hang out 'til lunch, and then head for Moncton to visit with some friends and their new baby. However...
Things with my grandmother are not that great, and we put in a rough afternoon. Mom didn't feel comfortable leaving Nan here by herself, and she decided that she wasn't going to go to Moncton with me. Now, after spending 2 1/2 hours in the car this morning with Alex already, I wasn't keen and eager on driving another hour with him by myself.
So, I called my friends and explained the situation and of course they understood because they are AMAZING people. Mom, my bro, Alex & I took a quick run to Amherst instead this afternoon because Mom's computer konked out and she ended up needing to buy a new tower. So, I've had a crappy day, didn't get to do anything that I wanted, and I feel terrible for the way I feel, because I know that there isn't anything we can do or could have done about it. That's what happens when people get older, and I can't really say anything to Mom about it because she's already got enough on her plate with my grandmother.
I do hate to say this, but I think at some point in the near future, we are going to have to consider moving her to a nursing home or something like that, because my poor Mom can't continue on the way that she's going (for the sake of her own health & sanity!) and she's living here with Nan by herself right now because Dad is still up north working and god knows when he's going to come home to stay.

Ok. Wow. Rant over. Sorry all... just had to get that off my chest and don't really know who to turn to about it all.

And, on top of all that, I blew my diet this afternoon and had KFC for supper. And please, no comments about the grossness of it. Trust me, I know.

Argh.

But at least my hair is great... Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...