a little slack.


i've been a little slack in updating this the last couple of weeks.. soo much has been going on, but it's that time of year!
so... updates.
Alex:

Every day I am more and more in love with this little man. He amazes me with his smile, his learning and his love. Nothing makes me happier than one of his sloppy wet kisses, and when he wakes me up in the morning by saying "Mom Mom Mom Mom". We've had alot of firsts these last few days.. First haircut on July 1, first full week of sleeping through the night, and now, his first "real" illness. Alex has the chicken pox, woke up with them yesterday, July 13.. Friday the 13th.. go figure. He's had his bouts of ear infections, and did have a strep infection (which basically was just a rash that looked like a heat rash), but never once did he get cranky or upset with us. He's the happiest baby and everyone tells us how lucky we are.. Like we need a reminder.




(after picture of the first haircut)


LIFE: (other than Alex!)

I've been so blessed with the most amazing friends and family people can ask for. Margaret is home from Hong Kong for the summer (for those who don't know who she is, my best friend since 4th grade!), and last weekend, my wonderful parents took Alex for 3 solid days so that Mags could come to Chester and we could play catch-up. We had a fantastic time, did some touring around Lunenburg & Mahone Bay on Friday, had a party on Saturday night, and a fun drive home on Sunday.

The best part is, my friends here in Chester welcomed Margaret like nothing I've ever seen. It's like we've all known each other our entire lives. We also made a great new friend this weekend.. a girl that Mark went to high school with. Us girls have a camping trip coming up in August and so now we're all ticking the days off on the calendar until we can have another great weekend together!



(margaret, me, nancy, heather & krystal)

So, that's the catchup for now.. I'm sure that there's more that we've done (and we all know I have tons of other photos), but I hear Alex waking up from his nap and it's time to go be Mommy again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...