six weeks.

I can't even believe that six weeks has passed. For time that felt like it was standing still, it sure has flown by. I had my six week postpartum appointment today. After the always super fun internal & pap test (sorry boys!), I had a talk with the doctor and RN about when we could try again. I've been told to start taking folic acid and prenatal vitamins now so that I may not get so sick if/when I get pregnant, as compared to my pregnancy with Jenna. Basically, there's no reason physically that we couldn't start trying right away, they've just suggested waiting for a period to come so that they can accurately date a pregnancy.
Mark & I are seriously considering trying as soon as I get my first period. I don't want to wait a long time in case it takes us awhile to get pregnant. However, I also am afraid of what will happen when we do get pregnant. Will they think that we're rushing into it? Will they think that we're trying to replace or forget Jenna? Silly to think of what everyone else will think, but that's the way my brain works.
Tomorrow is a busy day for this momma - I'm going to clean the new house, and do some more packing. In the afternoon, it's time for a mini-makeover for me :) Eyebrows waxed, then a haircut, colour & highlights. I am reallllllllllly looking forward to it.
Alex woke up through the night last night with a cold. He's been in bed quietly now for an hour or so, so hopefully we're on to a better night then we put in last night. With any luck at all, there will be a solid night sleep for all of us. I actually slept through the night for the first time since I don't know when - the night before last. I am hoping there's a pattern emerging here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

a mumble jumble of thoughts

a rotten end to the weekend...